Tuesday, November 27, 2007

They weren't kidding . . .

I'm getting weary. A re-submit on one of the written assignments made my day go a little darker. The evaluation was fair. I should have done a complete footnote on my reference. But that's a logical statement. And, after this many hours of homework and the pressure of wanting to do well for both the students and the evaluations, I'm raw.

A couple in our class is dealing with the unexpected death of a loved one. I can't imagine what they're going through. Yet they are enduring. So I guess I can too.

Still . . . Saturday at 12:01 p.m. is my carrot on the end of the stick.

In the meantime, I'm finding authentic texts, trying to understand what gist questions to ask, frustrated that the students book has really lame dialogues for us to work with, and worried that I'm going to do something really stupid and blow my standard rating on Friday . . . IF we have enough students show up.

Did I mention I'm getting weary?

No comments: